Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
"Are the Followers of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad Guilty of Shirk?"A Discussion with Dr. Wesley Muhammad
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 3:00 PM (EST)
Come and participate in an afternoon of discussion, featuring Dr. Wesley Muhammad.
Together, the question of "Are the Followers of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad Guilty of Shirk?" will be explored.
What is "shirk"?
- Taking human beings from among ourselves as Lords or Patrons besides Allah.
- Taking angels or Prophets as Lords or Patrons besides Allah
- Worshipping, obeying and adoring anything besides Allah
- Taking Masters other than Allah
- Taking another God other than Allah
- Taking Jinns as partners of Allah
- Calling upon others [graves, mystics, saints, idols, etc.] besides Allah for help
- To ascribe Allah’s partners in His Kingship or dominion
- To ascribe Allah's partners in His Command or Rule
- To ascribe Allah's partners in His Lordship
- To be divided into sects
- Failing to establish the Just Economic System of Zakat
from: The Qur'anic Teachings website, "What is Shirk?", link: http://www.quranicteachings.co.uk/shirk.htm
More information on Dr. Wesley Muhammad, go to: http://drwesleymuhammad.com/cv
"At the root of every civilization is a knowledge, inherent in which is an idea that gives energy and direction to that knowledge. But if the idea at the root of that knowledge and civilization is finite, then the world that comes as a result of that knowledge is also finite. It has an end."
Minister Louis Farrakhan
The Education Challenge:A New Educational Paradigm for the 21st Century
delivered August 3, 2008
When & Where
Muhammad Mosque No. 12 - Delaware Valley Region
Muhammad Mosque is located at 2508 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19132.